Monday, January 13, 2014

"Despertando con Jesus"

So it's Monday morning and I thought I would add a quick post to the blog.  Monday mornings one of the pentecostal churches here in Imbert has a program called "Despertando con Jesus" (Waking up with Jesus).  Things here in the Dominican can be quite noisy sometimes.  All of you who've visited can testify to that. : )  Political campaigns are loud, music is played loud and churches are usually loud.


So on Monday mornings while it is still dark, at around 6:45am, our neighborhood pentecostals set up their speakers in a small nearby park to get the week started with a bang.  The park is a couple of hundred yards from our house.  I'm inside with all the windows and doors shut and can hear them as clear as day. ....at least we don't live next to the park.

Proverbs 27:14 - "When someone blesses his fellow man with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be counted as a curse to him."  

We're looking forward to being back in the states for a little visit.  We're headed back January 24th through February 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment